University Network of European Capitals of Culture (UNeECC)
Student and Staff Mobility International Co-ordinators’ Meeting
16-18th April 2018
The University Network of European Capitals of Culture (UNeECC) is a group of approximately 50 European Universities from towns and cities which have been, are or are aspiring to be European Capitals of Culture.
The aims of UNeECC are:
- to ensure the recognition of the role and contribution of universities to the success of the cities conferred the title “European Capital of Culture”
- to provide the member universities with a possibility of a continuous and full participation in the European Capitals of Culture movement enhanced by “Universities of the Year”
- to foster inter-university cooperation to develop and reshape the universities regional position to create new activities for city and university collaboration.
International Co-ordinators’ Meeting
Apart from our Annual Conference and Annual Publication UNEECC Forum we hold periodic opportunities for our member universities to meet to explore opportunities to work together. AA similar event was held in Avignon in 2010 and was such a success that we have decided to hold another event to investigate opportunities for member Universities to meet and discuss existing and future opportunities for student and staff mobility in Liverpool in April 2018.
The event will consider
- Increasing opportunities for international staff, post graduate and undergraduate exchanges and other joint activities between UNeECC members.
- Exchanging good and interesting practice between participants.
- Full year exchanges.
- Semester exchanges
- Short programmes.
- Curriculum development.
- Summer Schools.
- ERASMUS Internships.
- Funding opportunities.
- Research into student exchanges
and any other matters of mutual interest.
Date and Location
The meeting will start at 2pm on Monday 16thApril 2018 and delegates depart on the morning of Wednesday 18th April 2018.
It will be held at Liverpool Hope University, Childwall Campus.
The provisional programme is:
Monday 16th morning: arrival (via Liverpool John Lennon Airport and bus/taxi or Manchester Airport and train)
Monday 16th 2pm: Session 1
Monday 16th Evening Tour of Liverpool and Dinner
Tuesday 17th April 9am: Session 2
Tuesday 17th April 2pm: Session3
Tuesday 17th April Evening: Dinner
Wednesday 18th April Morning: departure (via Liverpool John Lennon Airport or Manchester Airport)
All participants will pay for their own transport, accommodation and food.
The nearest airport is Liverpool John Lennon. It is 8 km from the city. Liverpool is connected to many European cities by budget airlines: https://www.liverpoolairport.com/destinations/
An alternative is the larger Manchester Airport from which you would need a train which takes 50 minutes.
Accommodation (bed and breakfast) will be offered at Liverpool Hope University in hotel standard bedrooms. Approximately Ł60 per night.
Alternatively you might prefer to stay at a city centre hotel. The city centre is 8km from the University.
The meeting has been designed so that you may explore Liverpool during the weekend before the meeting.
Closing date for applications is: Monday 26th March 2018
Professor Bill Chambers
UNeECC International Co-ordinators' Meeting